Robin P. Keener's practice is concentrated in the area of insurance coverage and good faith claims handling.
She provides insurance clients with opinions and analysis of coverage issues and extra-contractual exposures under personal, commercial, and professional lines policies including analysis of auto, truckers, general liability, professional liability, pollution liability, business owners, homeowners, excess, umbrella, directors and officers, errors and omissions and garage keepers policies. Robin represents insurance clients throughout the state of Florida in litigation arising out of these areas of insurance coverage including declaratory, breach of contract and extra-contractual actions. She is admitted to practice in all State Courts of Florida; the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals; and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
The majority of Robin's practice is focused on third party personal and commercial insurance coverage issues involving serious bodily injury claims and construction defect claims. She has extensive experience litigating coverage issues in these areas, including numerous cases involving homeowners, general liability, and auto policies. A substantial number of the auto cases involve the availability and extent of uninsured motorist coverage. A significant portion of Robin's practice also includes advice on good faith claims handling and assistance in negotiating settlements in multi-claimant situations.
Robin is AV rated and has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for Insurance Law.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Stetson University College of Law (2002)
- B.A., with honors, University of Florida (1996)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Martindale-Hubbell™ AV Preeminent Rated Lawyer
- The Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law (2015-Present)
- Provide opinions on and represent insurance companies in litigation involving insurance coverage for construction defect and faulty workmanship claims.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a commercial general liability insurer in a lawsuit involving the insured’s misrepresentations in its application for insurance.
- Prevailed at trial in Federal Court regarding coverage for third party claim for destruction of equipment used to move marine drilling platforms.
- Successfully represented various insurers in litigation regarding the availability and extent of uninsured motorist coverage.
- Facilitate global mediations and negotiate settlements in multi claimant situations involving serious injuries and limited insurance coverage.
- Drafted indemnity and insurance provisions for environmental cleanup contract.
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Claims Litigation and Management Alliance
- A Comment on the Supreme Court's Machiavellian Approach to Government Action and the Implications of its Recent Decision in Brentwood Academy v. Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association, 31 Stetson L. Rev. 1057 (2002).
- Continuing Education Seminar for Insurance Client on Good Faith Claims Handling Under Florida Law
- Seminar for Insurance Client on Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Seminar for Insurance Client on Florida Misrepresentation Statute, Fla. Stat. § 627.409
- Seminar for Insurance Client on Claims Administration Statute, Fla. Stat. § 627.426