Catherine M. Verona is a trial attorney who practices in all areas of personal injury including auto, premises liability, wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases, as well as civil rights litigation.
Her practice includes the defense of large, publicly traded companies and governmental entities throughout the State of Florida. Catherine has participated in numerous jury and bench trials during her practice.
Catherine is admitted to practice in all State Courts of Florida and the United States District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, as well as the United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit. She is an active member with the Florida Bar, Hillsborough County Bar Association, Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers, Florida Defense Lawyers Association and the Defense Research Institute.
- J.D., Vermont Law School (2001)
- B.A., Loyola University, New Orleans (1997)
- Successfully obtained defense verdict in bus versus pedestrian accident.
- Successfully defended self-insured corporation in bicycle versus motor vehicle accident with three resulting foot surgeries and reflex sympathetic dystrophy.
- Helped negotiate contractual dispute between two corporations over indemnification and duty to defend issues.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for client in Federal Court on an issue of whether a customer obtained M.R.S.A. after a makeover and then successfully defended an appeal on this issue before the U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit.
- Successfully obtained numerous defense verdicts in premises liability claims.
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Claims Litigation and Management Alliance
- Troop Leader, Brownie Troop #2006
- Chair, Smiling Sisters Sweetheart Dance 2015