Robert Maxim Stoler's practice is concentrated in the areas of auto, premises and complex civil liability claims, and civil rights litigation.
Bob has been a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer since 1995, and he is an "Advocate" member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. His practice involves the defense of large, publicly - traded companies and governmental entities in personal injury, wrongful death and civil rights lawsuits throughout the State of Florida.
Bob has been consistently listed in the Best Lawyers in America and SuperLawyers publications. In addition, he is admitted to practice in all State Courts of Florida; Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals; United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
Bob is a Certified State and Federal Court Mediator. Also, he has been qualified as an expert witness on many occasions throughout Florida. Bob spoke at the Tampa Bay Paralegal Association's 2014 Annual Seminar on the subject of the use and preparation of expert witnesses. He also served as a guest lecturer/faculty member at Tulane Law School's 2013 Trial Advocacy Litigation Boot Camp from January 7 – January 9, 2013. He spoke on miscellaneous topics involving the defense of catastrophic injury cases.
- J.D., cum laude, Tulane University School of Law (1989)
- B.A., honors program, University of Wisconsin (1986)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer since 1995.
- Membership ranking in American Board of Trial Advocates rose to “Advocate” level upon completion of 50th civil jury trial in 2009.
- Martindale-Hubbell™ AV Preeminent Rated Lawyer
- Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation (2009-Present)
- Best Lawyers in America, "2018 Lawyer of the Year"
- Florida Super Lawyers, Personal Injury Defense: General (2011-Present)
- Past Chairman of Florida Bar Grievance Committee 13E in and for Hillsborough County, Florida.
- Served as lead counsel in defense of a national convenience business and obtained complete defense verdict in negligent Security case arising from a shooting in a parking lot.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national retail business in a claim where the plaintiff sought significant damages for false arrest and malicious prosecution. The court in Seminole County ultimately granted summary judgment on all claims on behalf of the retailer, finding probable cause for the detention of the plaintiff.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of Federal Civil Rights claim arising from an inmate suicide. Obtained successful result in Federal Civil Rights Trial arising from alleged use of excessive force, resulting in traumatic brain injury to inmate.
- Successfully represented a large company in the defense of a premises liability suit involving catastrophic injuries to a small child, including the defeat of punitive damage claims against client.
- Successfully defended wrongful death claim at trial in claim arising from a fatal motor vehicle collision.
- Successfully defended large farming business in the defense of wrongful death claim arising from accidental drowning of a small child.
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates – “Advocate” member
- The Florida Bar
- Claims Litigation and Management Alliance
- Provides pro bono services