Joel R. Mohorter has a general trial practice with an emphasis on personal injury, premises liability, negligent security and civil rights claims.
Joel also handles business tort cases, contract disputes and other general commercial litigation matters. He is admitted to practice and litigates in all State and Federal courts in Florida as well as the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Joel graduated cum laude from Stetson University College of Law where he was a Senior Associate for the Stetson Law Review. During law school, Joel served as a judicial intern for both the Honorable Elizabeth Jenkins at the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the Honorable Caroline Tesche at the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Court. Prior to attending law school, Joel worked as an environmental consultant for a Florida based environmental consulting firm and also held a position with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement at the Tampa crime lab.
- J.D., cum laude, Stetson University College of Law (2011)
- M.S., Capella University (2007)
- B.S., LeMoyne College (2004)
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division
- The Florida Bar
- Claims Litigation and Management Alliance
- Youth Lacrosse Coach
- Head Varsity Lacrosse Coach for Tampa Bay Technical High School